120 Purchase Street
Fall River, MA 02720
(Oui) DUI Defense
Massachusetts Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer
The outcome of your OUI(DUI) charges will very likely depend upon the experience and knowledge of the drunk driving defense lawyer you hire to defend you. That is the simple fact in Massachusetts. The penalties for a conviction for DWI or a DUI accident range from a relatively minor community service all the way to prison time, heavy fines, and a long-term suspension of your driver's license. An OUI(DUI) defense attorney with extensive courtroom experience and the confidence to fight for your freedom and rights will be your biggest asset.
Learn more about OUI(DUI) defense at my Criminal Defense FAQ Page
I am OUI(DUI) defense attorney Kenneth van Colen of the Law Office of Kenneth D. van Colen, in Fall River, Massachusetts. For more than fifteen years I have been in court, defending people vigorously to help them get their charges dismissed or reduced to a penalty that is best for their personal and family circumstances. I understand how scared you and your family probably are right now. Legal difficulties like a failed breath test, a drunk driving accident, or any drug or alcohol-related driving arrest can happen to good people. I know it, and I never let the prosecutors forget it. Putting you in jail or preventing you from driving to your job doesn't do you, your family, or society any good. I do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen.
Contact my office in Fall River, Massachusetts, to talk with me about my record as a former assistant prosecutor and how my courtroom experience and confidence can be an advantage.
My OUI(DUI) defense includes representation for related matters such as:
- Motions to drop or reduce charges
- Challenge field sobriety and breath test results
- Speeding, reckless driving, and related charges
- Driver's license suspensions, DMV administrative hearings
- Record expungements, clear your driving record
- All related criminal charges
If you have been charged with OUI(DUI), time is not on your side. Call now.
If you have been charged with a drunk driving offense, you need OUI(DUI) defense that will make a difference to your future. Contact me to schedule a free initial consultation about how I can use my trial experience to help you get the best possible outcome for your case. Waiting won't solve anything. Start protecting your rights and your future right now.
Kenneth D. van colen, esq.
Upon graduating with honors from Suffolk University Law School, in Boston, Massachusetts, I landed a position as the Assistant District Attorney for Bristol County. As an assistant D.A., I handled a wide variety of criminal cases, and I learned how the system works from State’s point of view. I gained invaluable courtroom experience, and I built mutually respectful relationships with my fellow colleagues - lawyers and judges alike.
Moreover, I came to understand how and why cases are dismissed or, in the alternative, why they proceed to trial. There can be no doubt that this knowledge has made me better a defense attorney.
Firm History and Philosophy
After five years as a D.A., I decided to open my own practice so that I could better serve my clients. Since 1997, I have proudly offered high quality legal advice and representation to the residents of Fall River, Massachusetts, including the metropolitan areas of New Bedford, Taunton, Attleboro, and Plymouth.
As your family law, criminal defense, or personal injury attorney, I will take very seriously the fact that you are likely facing legal difficulties that could have an enormous impact on the rest of your life. Likewise, I will take the time necessary to ensure that your problems are solved to the fullest extent that the law allows.
My promise to you includes:
- Aggressively representing you and your interests.
- Giving you the attention and the time you need to speak with me.
- Educating you on the law and how it applies to your case.
- Promptly communicating with you on all aspects of your case
It is my hope that when you come to me for advice or representation in the areas of criminal, family, or personal injury law, you will leave feeling reassured, educated and in control.
- Child Support
- Criminal Law
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Traffic Violations
Areas of Practice:
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1993
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
Honors: Cum Laude
- Southeastern Massachusetts University (U-Mass Dartmouth), Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Honors: Cum Laude
Major: Computer Science
- Instructor, Newbury College, 1994 - Present
- Faculty Assistant, Prosecutors Program, National College of District Attorneys, Houston, TX, 1997
- Bristol County Bar Association, 1997 - Present
- Bristol County Bar Advocates, 2002 - Present
- Member, Board of Directors
- Bristol County Bar Advocates, 2005
- Vice President
- Bristol County Bar Advocates, 2005 - Present
- Fall River Bar Association, 1997 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Bristol County D.A. Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1992 - 1997
- Law Office of Kenneth S. Mello, Associate, 1997 - 1998
- General Dynamics/Electric Boat Division, Member, Legal Department, 1991